You may have heard that there is this crazy feather hair extension craze sweeping the nation. I laughed a little bit when I heard that people were putting fly tying feathers in their hair, but thought nothing of it. Then I found out that saddle hackle feathers (long and thin feathers) were selling for boatloads of money on EBay. I checked it out, and yes, they were going for crazy prices.
Last weekend I listed two different saddles and one cape (different type of feathers). The auction prices were pretty meager all week - until today. One saddle (the black and white one) sold for $455, and the other (green and black) sold for over $100! I was in disbelief. I probably paid under $50 for both of those together when I originally purchased them several years ago. All total I cleared $575. I don't have any more of the coveted long feathers to sell, but prices are still pretty high on shorter ones too - so I listed four more today. Even if I can only sell them for $20 each, I will still double my money. I love this crazy fad!
It has been fun to think of what I can now buy with that $575. But after a $350 fridge repair bill last week, and also a $250 truck repair bill - it has already been spent!
Good going!
ReplyDelete