Friday, July 22, 2011

Diggers and Dozers and Graders, Oh My

July 14

This month, Dean and Gavin are going to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Either Lindsey or I will take the boys and the other will pick them up. Last Thursday, when I picked them up, Dean said, "I want to go to Gavin's house." Having no agenda once we got home, I called Lindsey to ask if he could come play for a bit. Of course, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Really? This is starting at age 2? And, I'm playing into it?"

The boys had a great time playing with Gavin's John Deere comercial gator, grader, and front end loader moving sea shell pasta into other dump trucks and Gators. These boys are all boys. Increasingly, Gavin loves to lay on the floor to play with toys up close and personal. Dean laid right down with him to enjoy the fun.

Thankfully, I was able to get one picture of both boys laying down playing.
But soon, Gavin had to get up to get those shells securely in the front end loader's bucket.



It's so great that the boys are beginning to actually play together for brief moments.

1 comment: