Friday, July 17, 2009

Things that go Drip, Waaaa, and Blink Blink in the Night

Last night was an odd night for sure.

Miranda and I were awoken at 3:00 by the shower gushing for no reason at all. I got up to inspect; turned the shower on and back off and it stopped dripping. As I was coming back to bed I noticed that my clock was blinking because the power went off sometime during the night. This is the second time this has happened this week. Maybe I need to get an alarm clock with a battery backup.

Then at 3:45 Gavin woke up because he had pushed himself into the corner of his crib and was bonking his head on the slats. Getting him back to sleep was easy. The hard part was laying him down in his crib without waking him up. I failed four times before enlisting Miranda for some help. It was strange - he would be asleep in my arms for 10 minutes and I ever so gently lay him in the crib only to be greeted by wide open eyes when his head gently touched the mattress. Miranda failed a few times too I guess because I then woke up to Gavin "talking" very loudly. When I walk into the nursery, Miranda is in the chair smiling and Gavin is in the crib just talking up a storm. Eventually he went back to sleep on his own. Hmmm, maybe we are onto something here....

The shower head started gushing again while Miranda was trying to get Gavin back to sleep. Again, the handle was all the way in the off position. So, it has been a strange night of things that go "bump" in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment