Monday, July 13, 2009

Jonas is Two

Happy Birthday Jonas!!! We are so glad that we've spent 3 consecutive weekends seeing Jonas. (That will probably never happen again, even if we did live in the same state.) I think the picture above epitimises who Jonas is--a sweet giving little boy. He is such a good big cousin to Gavin. He was always willing to bring Gavin toys.

Monday afternoon I put Gavin in his bouncy seat while I unloaded the dishwasher, Jonas came toddling in and went right over to Gavin. He squatted down in the floor next to Gavin; both boys just looked at each other for a while, then Jonas got up and went over to find a toy for Gavin. As he brought it over, I praised him for being so nice to "Baby Gavin." I asked Jonas to dance for Gavin, which he did.

Jonas loves to give Gavin pats on the head. And whenever a diaper was changed, Jonas might come by to see what was going on. Jonas does a fantastic job putting diapers in the trash, too.

Jonas loves to sing and dance. He gets so excited at the end of each song that he claps and wiggles. He's working on the ABC song. He can recite all the animal sounds in Moo Baa La La La (what a great Sandra Boyton book). He called GrandBob's bluff when a fractured version of Sheep in a Jeep was offered as authentic.

I think one of my favorite things about the trip was watching Jonas figure out how to maneuver the step from the porch into the kitchen. On Saturday, he would stop and crawl up the step. By Monday morning, he would put his right knee down, but follow up with his left foot, then stand. By Tuesday, he was walking over the step. What a guy!!!




We miss you already!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post. Jonas is truly a sweetie. Happy birthday to you, also.

    ReplyDelete