Gavin is learning all kinds of new tricks.
1. He rolls onto his side very easily now. He pulls his knees to his tummy and just rolls. Once on his side, I sometimes help him roll onto his tummy. He smiles when I do this for him. One day he'll figure out how to roll all the way over himself.
2. He can really laugh. For a long time he's been smiling and making sounds, but he's starting to really laugh. Friday or Saturday, Dave was making avocado dip and tapping a spoon against the side of the glass blender pitcher. Gavin thought this was hilarious and laughed each time Dad did it. He's given me real laughs from the crib. And last night, he was smiling and laughing on the changing table.
3. Squealing is fun. Gavin has found his "loud" on the volume control. He loves to squeal. One night at the cabin, he and Jonas were squealing back and forth to one another; it was too cute. It started with someone "chasing" Jonas and his squeals at being "caught". Gavin must have thought, "Wait. I know how to do that," because the next thing we knew, Gavin was squealing. Jonas would squeal a reply, then Gavin squealed."
4. "I'm still not sure about rice cereal and a spoon, but Mama and Dad keep trying."
5. "Naps are the best in my swing." I'm so worried about him starting daycare on August 3 just because of naps. He takes great naps in his swing, so I worry about how he'll nap there without a swing. I've tried to break him of the habit, but I'm not having a lot of luck. He will nap for 30-45 minutes on the sofa or on my bed. The minute I put him in his crib, he's awake. I'm hoping the sweet ladies at daycare will be understanding as he learns how to nap in his crib there.
6. Gavin's hair is growing back in--what he has coming in seems to be blonde, but as more comes in it looks like it might be light brown. Who knows? His hair may be like his eyes--which seem to be hazel like mine--ever changing.
What a smart boy! I'd love to hear him laugh. We need a video of that.
ReplyDelete