Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crime Scene

Me out for a leisurely morning mow: Hey, it isn't too bad out here today. A little warm, but it shouldn't be too hot today. The grass is looking a little better this week after some cooler temps last week. This is a nice way to.......WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?????

I stumbled upon a crime scene in our front yard this morning. Evidently a cuddly little raccoon met his maker in our front yard sometime last week. From the look of the tail, it was a tiny little guy. We have seen a coyote walking around in the front yard before, so that is our first suspect. The last time that we saw the coyote was in the summer when it was really dry. We have been told that they tend to go into the neighborhoods in the dry summer in search of water and food. So that is our prime suspect given the evidence that we have.

Now after thinking about it, I bet that little raccoon was part of the family that lived in the storm drain at the end of the street. Poor little guy.....

I give you Exhibit A: Tail and what looked to be a leg bone.

I give you Exhibit B: A pile of fur - evidently whatever ate this guy isn't a big fan of furry food.

1 comment: