Wednesday, March 4, 2009

One Week Old

I can't believe a week has passed since Gavin came into the world. It's been a busy time, with several days in the hospital.
Gavin was alert most of Wednesday afternoon. I missed the exact one-week marker since Gavin and I were changing a diaper. And, I was learning that urine is not the only bodily fluid that can be projected across the changing pad. Dad celebrated the time by stopping by the Nesting Place to pick up a breast pump for Mama. (All I can say is, "what a guy!").
While Gavin was awake and in a good mood, I tried him out in his bouncy seat. He sat in it for a good while just staring at the table cloth. We had a cookie bouquet delivery while he was hanging out. The sweet grandma who delivered the bouquet took a peek at my little man, shocked that he was only a week old.
We've learned so much and have so much more to learn. But one thing we know, we sure do love this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment