Thursday, March 19, 2009

Granddaddy and Grandma Sandra

Again, a post that's overdue a bit . . . (just not as long overdue as Grandma Judy's and GrandBob's)


Life on the farm kept Granddaddy away from meeting Gavin for a bit, but wild horses couldn;t have kept Grandma away.

Thankfully, she didn't have to ride a wild horse to Texas. :) Instead, she hitched a ride with Bob and Judy. They were able to get to know each other better over the course of their thousand mile journey together.


Once here, of course the main focus was Gavin, running a close second was Mama because of some post-delivery complications. Just like Grandma Judy, Grandma Sandra was here to the rescue. Tons of laundry were washed and folded by Grandma. (Seriously, my panties haven't been folded in years; I kind of forgot that not everybody just throws 'em in a drawer and digs through 'em for a clean pair. Maybe once Gavin gets in a routine, I can bring order to my underwear, but I digress. )

Grandma cooked and cleaned and gave Mama time for naps. She even tackled three different sewing projects. Most amazing to Granddaddy, she drove in the traffic out here to run errands. I knew she could do it,else I wouldn't have let her in my new car. But most importantly, she made biscuits.

We'll take her back when she gets her house back in order after being away for two weeks, and Daddy, I promise I won't keep her for two weeks this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment