Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Riiiibbbbbiiiitttttt

(No we didn't add a frog to our "menagerie" of pets. :) I was surprised at how many people thought we'd adopted a cat. But I couldn't resist being mischievous and adding this picture when I found it when looking for frog.)

It seems one of my pregnancy side effects is hiccuping like a frog. Thankfully, Dave thinks this is cute. I hope that continues to be his reaction to this sound. I only seem to hiccup at night when I'm at home. How embarrassing to emit frog sounds at work! (Though I'm sure my day will come.)

Dave teased me a bit when I started hiccuping. Especially since in our week 7 sonogram the baby looked quite a bit like a tadpole. Rest assured, at the week 10 sonogram, the baby was very much baby-like--all the way down to sweet little baby toes. (Toes I concentrated on so much that later I couldn't remember if the baby had arms. I comforted myself by thinking that I surely would have noticed the lack of arms until I was able to ask Dave if the baby did have arms. I didn't think Dave would appreciate being awakened at 3am to help me remember, so I waited until it was time to get up before posing my question.)

I'm quite fortunate in that I've had no morning sickness. I've felt queasy a few times--usually at night. Heartburn does plague me. I'm glad that Tums is an allowed medication. I've discovered the new Tums Smoothies; they're much less chalky than regular Tums.

On a side note, spell check tells me that "hiccuping" only has one "p" at the end. But the rule is to double a single consonant when adding "-ing" to a word. Hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see--so now you have two cats. Since these are two different cats, and a frog. Just kidding. Can't wait to hear you croak. Much love.

    ReplyDelete