Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday's are Still Free

Today I was supposed to have our new granite vanity tops installed....but my granite guy has failed to show up for the third time since he gave me an estimate. So I now have a free Friday. My next job tomorrow is to find a new granite guy who isn't a flake......

My company hasn't done away with the four day work week just yet. As slow as works has been for me lately, there is has been no need to go back to a five day work week. So I took the opportunity today to float the Brazos river. I had fished this river once before and enjoyed it, so I decided to go back. Armed with two flyrods and my kayak, I headed out.The game wardens buzzed by....dang are those things loud.
The fishing was slow for the most part. The fish were following whatever I threw, but weren't really interested in eating. I ended the day with 1 smallmouth bass, 2 largemouth bass, 1 huge longear sunfish, and one other fish....
Yep, the "other" fish was a huge carp. I know most people don't care for carp for whatever reason, but I actually enjoy fishing for carp. All I care about if the pull on the end of my line, and those guys pull like a freight train. The other nice thing about fishing for carp is that you typically have to sightfish for them. That is - see the fish and put your fly where they will see it and eat it without spooking them. It's actually not an easy thing to do. This guy ate a damsel nymph (dragonfly larvae fly) after about the third try...

No comments:

Post a Comment