Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Baby Bump: 16 1/2 Weeks

Here's our first picture of the baby bump--well, the first of about 5 attempts this afternoon. It isn't artsy--we'll work up to that. The bump is, admittedly, still small. Many don't know that I'm pregnant just by looking at me. Actually, I observed some women in church this morning who obviously aren't pregnant who're sporting bigger bellies than I have. But, I'm big compared to me--pre-pregnancy me.
I'm still feeling good and working my typical long hours for the fall. I rest up on the weekends doing as little as possible.
And, I'm waiting to feel the baby. One book says 16-20 weeks before you begin to feel it, another says 18-22. Most ladies tell me it will feel like little gas bubbles at first. So, every time I feel any little rumble or flutter, I put my hand to my tummy to feel. So far, I can't say that I've felt anything, so I'll keep waiting.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, now, I AM that woman at church with a bigger belly!! TSK! TSK! My big babies stretched my stomach muscles to the point that only surgery can fix it - believe me!! Three years of running and yoga have barely made a difference!! Sigh!! For now, I will have to learn to live with my "front butt," as I affectionately refer to it!!
    Stay rested!! I remember sleeping every extra minute when I was pregnant with Pace (and still working).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tif,
    I know you have the good sense and dignity not to wear clothes that would call attention. I know I'll never look the same, but I won't be wearing clingy clothes--especially to church. :) MM

    ReplyDelete