Over the holiday weekend, we visited our friends
Matt and Rene in Golden, CO. We had a GREAT time, and the hospitality of our hosts was greatly appreciated. Hopefully we didn't wear out our welcome because I could go back tomorrow. Numerous times during our trip I found myself just staring at the huge mountain ranges and beautiful vistas. It is truly an inspiring place to visit (or to live if you are lucky enough). Golden is a great little town situated at the base of the Rockies. It has a quaint small town feel, but is still close enough to Denver for convenience.
I of course did some fishing while we were there. It was our first time in Colorado, so the trout fishing was a bit of a learning opportunity. I learned a lot and was able to catch a few fish too.
Clear Creek Brown Trout - the first fish of the trip.

Nice Brown Trout caught during our guided trip on the Colorado River.

Matt's lunker Brown Trout - easily the biggest of the trip. I think he caught the world record whitefish too. :)

Clear Creek Brown Trout

Clear Creek Rainbow Trout
No comments:
Post a Comment