With all of the Colorado and baby news, I temporarily forgot that we have now come to the end of our summer of concerts. The night before I left for Denver, Miranda and I went to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at the American Airlines Center.The show was really good. Easily one of the best concert that I have seen the last several years. Other than the fact that we had to endure an hour of Steve Winwood, we had a great time. The special effects and lighting were their own show in themselves. From what we witnessed on the video monitors, Mr. Petty seemed to be more than a bit stoned - but it didn't affect the music at all. Somehow I would bet that wasn't the first time he has performed when not sober.
The crowd there was a bit older than we were used to. Maybe it was the high price for the concert tickets or maybe we are just getting old....Who knows - but for once, we were the younger ones in the crowd. The tickets were good. They were around half court on the floor with the stage at the end line. We had a good time, but ended up paying for the late night when the alarm sounded early the next morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment