Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1+1=3


Dave and I are finally letting the cat out of the bag . . . it's been killing us these last few weeks . . .
We're having a baby!!!!!!

My absence of posting on the blog is mainly because I like to think of nothing other than the sweet, new life that is growing inside of me, but I couldn't tell. Plus, I did spend a lot of time sleeping this summer.

So, now you know.

This weekend marked the end of the first trimester, so we feel pretty safe in telling our news. Of course, your prayers for a safe pregnancy and a healthy baby are certainly appreciated.

My due date is March 15th, but the baby measured about a week bigger at the 10-week sonogram. So we'll see. My brother and I were both about 8.5 pound babies. Dave's brother was a 9-pounder. While Dave was a preemie, he was 18 inches long. So odds are, this could be a large baby.

I feel pretty good, not quite myself, plagued by heartburn, tired, but thankfully, no morning sickness. I've gained about 7 pounds, and my pants don't fit. I've bought a Bella Band to help with some of my pants. I'm wearing skirts with elastic. I'm quite happy that loose, flowy tops are in fashion.

Dave is quite attentive; he giggles when I emit a frog-like hiccup/burp. He has stocked my bedside table with snacks so I don't have to get up at 3am to go to kitchen to eat. (Thankfully, I haven't woken up hungry in about a week.) Dave has had to take over my upstairs bathroom remodeling.

So, that's what's new with us.

12 comments:

  1. I just e-mailed your post to everyone I know. I expect my phone to start ringing any minute now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you cleared that up! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK -- again -- "What is the cat's name???" Still don't understand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since when have you guys had a tile floor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see everyone is a comedian these days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adam and I are so happy for you - CONGRATULATIONS! You had been in our prayers and will continue to be for a healthy pregnancy! We are trying again too and hope to have some news soon! Hope we can see you sometime in the near future! We surely miss our old Austin neighbors!!

    Tina, Adam, & Jack Straseske

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It's about time. Hope you continue to feel pretty well and that everything else goes smoothly. Let' see--you can be back in time for AP testing. HA! HA! March 15 is Mrs. Mary's birthday--she'd be honored.

    Talk to you soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic news!!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!!! Wonderful!!! Rich and I are so happy for you. We will certainly keep you in our prayers for a easy pregnancy and healthy, happy baby.
    So you'd rather sleep than squeeze in Disciples, huh? Well, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations soon 2B3! Kitty also has snacks by her bed... I hope that doesn't mean something. We will add your little sweetness to our prayers for you guys knowing God has his hand on all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it sounds like Dave and me had better get in a fly fishing trip real soon.......he will be too busy before long. I found a great place up in Eastern OK -- Broken Bow. Kathy and I went up there for the weekend...lots of fly fishing and some nice size trout were caught while we were there..........so let me..soon to be dad.........rich

    ReplyDelete