Sunday, March 2, 2008

FREEDOM!!!!!

WooooHooooo! I am free from cheap foods. Our $3 a day fasting ended last night at midnight. We still had $2.94 burning a hole in our pockets last night, so we decided to go to Wendy's a hit the dollar menu for a small tasty treat to end our week. That junior bacon cheesburger could be the best thing I have ever eaten!

Aside from all the comedy that transpired over the week, I really did learn quite a few things from this experience. First and foremost is that hunger isn't a fun thing to endure. I can't imagine how people who have to cope with hunger on a daily basis make it thorough a day. In the future, I am going to be much more generous to charities that help to feed people. As for the actual food we ate, it wasn't very appetizing. No offense directed at Miranda's preparation, but there isn't a whole lot of culinary creativity that you can do on $3 a day. I also learned the true meaning of covet this week. I was even going crazy over the smell of a coworkers lunch of McDonald's....and I hate McDonald's food. The last thing I learned was that you will despise food commercials when you are hungry and your next meal consists of beans and rice. Those commercials are surprisingly more effective when you are hungry.

After all was said and done, I lost 5 1/2 lbs in seven days. Miranda and I are thinking of writing a $3 a day diet book. Thankfully that week is behind us. Up next is no credit card week. Surprisingly enough, up to this point this "fast" has been more of an inconvenience for Miranda instead of myself. I gotta get to the bank!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you're a better person for the experience. It's called character building. Well done, guys.

    ReplyDelete