Saturday, Miranda and I took a little road trip to Athens, Texas. The Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center is located there and every year they have a fly fishing festival called Flyfish Texas. There are rod vendors pushing their latest creations, kayak dealers trying to get you to try out a boat, seminars, demonstrations, fishing in the ponds for kids, and many other activities. We sat through a few seminars on saltwater flyfishing, fishing for trout in Colorado, and flyfishing for carp. Some were more informative than others, but we learned quite a bit.
I got to cast the new TFO Axiom rods, and was drooling after I tried out a couple different rod weights. I have never been able to cast a whole flyline (100'+) as easily as I can with those. There will definitely be one on my Christmas list next year.
Miranda was content to keep me company and read her book. She is a good sport. We both found the Freshwater Fisheries aquariums and displays very interesting. There are some BIG fish swimming around in that place. I highly recommend a visit to the Center if you are in the area. Sorry, no pictures this time - we forgot the camera.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Miranda is definitely a good sport!
ReplyDelete