Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 4 on $3 a Day

Dave is very strong willed and has been faithfully sticking to his $3 a day. He did admit to me yesterday that he cheated by chewing gum. I don't really see that as cheating.

I cheated by having a kolache from the Czech Bakery in West, Texas. My boss had stopped there on her way back from Austin and brought them to us Monday. How could I say no? (It is an obligatory stop in West for kolaches. Everyone traveling between Austin and Dallas does so.) I cheated again Monday night at Bible study by eating some veggies and dip and angel food cake with strawberries. Dave politely refused.

Sunday we dined on pinto beans, rice, and cornbread. Monday night we had veggie soup. Tuesday night--the rest of the beans and macaroni & cheese. Tonight--a scrambled egg sandwich.

Dave has lost 3 pounds so far. Me, nothing.

And, we have learned that you can't refrigerate bananas to make them keep longer. They look terrible. So terrible, I don't know if we'll dare try to taste one. Oh well, 3 days to go. However, not for me. I'll be traveling to Abilene Friday with our boys basketball team, as the team plays in the regional semifinals. A win Friday night means a second game in Abilene Saturday night at 7pm. I just don't have the will power to pack my meals as Dave suggested.

2 comments:

  1. Is it really cheating if someone else buys the food and shares with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...In my opinion, dodging the rules misses the point of why we are doing it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete