Sunday, February 11, 2007

Marmot


When something comes up three times in one day, you just have to blog about it; whatever it is . . .

Yesterday I picked Dave up at DFW bright and early following his trip to Detroit with Jimmy. On the way home, we stopped by teh vet to pick up Heartguard for Mason. Dave ran in to pick it up and returned to the car talking about the marmot in the reception area. He really doesn't know what the caged critter is, but he decided to go with "marmot." I laughed thinking he was making up a word--a cross between mammal and varmit. He laughed then telling me that marmot really is a word; however, he is unsure of the meaning.

Later in the day, Dave was kind enough to accompany me to the grocery store. Our Kroger has an International food aisle. Not only can you find Asian and Mexican food items there, you can also find British foods. We were looking at the assorted items--treacle, orange marmalade, Heinz beans--when we found a small jar containing marmite; "a yeast extract that is delicious spread thinly on toast." In the store, the jar did not bear this decription, so we joked that those bloody Brits were eating the helpless marmite.

We finished the day watching episodes of Entourage on DVD. While we were watching, Dave made me pause the DVD and "play that again." Having no idea what I had missed or what it was he wanted to see, I obliged wondering what he was going to show me about one of the bikini clad beauties around the pool. When I started the DVD again, I had to pause it at the sign for the hotel the boys were headed to "Chateau Marmont." We laughed at the occurance of this word three times in one day. A fluke? Maybe, but still a funny one.

This morning I decided to look up the definition for a marmot since Dave was derogatorily calling me one this morning. When he learned what it was, he decided I'm not a marmot after all.

It's the little things like this that make Dave so darn funny.

BTW, a marmot is "any bushy-tailed, stocky rodent of the genus Marmota, as the woodchuck," according to dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment