Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homecoming Parade

Thursday evening was the 15th annual Homecoming Parade for the high school where I work. Being an assistant principal, I get to ride in the parade. And, as any proud mama would do, I had Gavin ride along with me. Dave showed up to act as the papparazzi for Gavin.

The band marched and played.



The mayor rode in a Viper.



The boys King Court rode in a Ferrari. Yes. A Ferrari.



The assistant principals and principal in a Ford truck. I'm waiting for my convertible.



Don't worry, grandmas. The truck driver was going about 1 mph. And, when we had to make a turn, I sat in the bed of the truck, not on the edge.


Gavin enjoyed waving to the crowd and pointing out the things he knew the words for: dog, baby, hat, bike.


My boss's daughter, Taylor, brought her lab, Rio. Every time a fire engine sounded it's siren, Rio howled. (Taylor and Rio watched with Dave.)



Another shot of the Ferrari. In our parade, the cars go up the street, make a u-turn and drive back down the other side.


Following the parade, there is a big outdoor community pep rally followed by fireworks. We gathered back at the pep rally, but headed home before the fireworks. It was past Gavin's bedtime, and we had a big day on Friday with our flight to Denver.


2 comments:

  1. Whew, what a weekend! Looks like everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK -- if you come and get the Vett -- you can ride in it for the next parade. It will be crowded with four adults and Gavin but sacrifices must be made to squeeze in.

    ReplyDelete