Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week in Review

It has been a busy week. Following the Memorial Day holiday, there were four school days with students--which translated into four crazy days of worrying over seniors who might not make it, talking to seniors who might not make it, talking with their parents, telling underclassmen what they need to take in summer school, and on and on and on. But, I survived--now, I just need to make it through graduation on Sunday.

Gavin provided some much needed comic relief this week.

He found out how much fun it can be to take toliet paper off of the roll. He did this while I was getting his pj's out of the dresser. On Wednesday night, he was put into "time out" for throwing food at dinner time. He didn't even realize he was in trouble. Guess we'll keep working on that.
He turned around to look at us once.
But, for the most part could have cared less that he had been turned away from us for a minute.
Thursday evening, Dean came home with us so that his mom could attend an end-of-the-year banquet. The boys played inside; they played outside.


They got ready for dinner before it was ready for them. So, I carried both of them around for a few minutes while Dave finished getting their dinner ready. Dean had a meltdown at the prospect of being put into the booster seat, so walked around with him a few minutes to take his mind off of it. Then, Gavin refused. So Dave and I sat at the table with a boy on each lap allowing them to eat from the buffett before them--blueberries, corn, green peas & carrots, chicken nuggets, smoked sausage, sweet potato fries. It was hilarious to watch their blueberry eating contest.
Friday we went over to Dean's for an end-of-the-year party.

Saturday Gavin and I had lunch with our friend Jose, while Dave finished up his 20+ mile paddle.

For dinner, Gavin got to eat off of a plate and pulled up to the table. He did pretty well, initially, but still wound up in time out for throwing food.

Then after dinner, he embarked on one of his favorite activities: taking a pasta inventory.


After his bath, Gavin had a death grip on his balloon from Lindsey's party. He went to sleep holding it and woke up the minute I extracted the ribbon from his hand. We finally told the balloon good night and put it in the hallway. He whined, but finally fell asleep.

Here's hoping next week is a bit less hectic. (Fat chance of that with me going to Austin Monday-Wednesday.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes. Gavin in time out and he didn't even notice. That is just too funny. And taking the toilet paper off the roll. We have a picture just like that of Nipper doing the same thing. Who said he'd be into everything once he started walking. Boys--gotta love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, loved, loved hearing about Gavin's adventures. I just adore that big grin on his face as he's checking the pasta inventory!! I can't wait to see him again; I'm so excited that he is walking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete