
Gavin loves playing with his basketball goal. He has figured out how to push the button that the ball is supposed to hit when the ball goes through the goal so that he can "cheat" to hear the music. He enjoys putting objects other than the ball in the net: note the Duncan Hines icing container's red lid and the tags from a pair of new pjs.

Monday while we were "playing" basketball, I showed him the hole above the rim and how an item dropped in it, comes out at the bottom. (Monday's object of choice was the sticker from a new package of diaper wipes. I don't know why he picks the things he picks to carry around and study.) Today, he put one of his tags through the hole, then followed up with his hand. I reminded him that it comes out below. So, he started dropping the tags in the top and picking them up below. After a few minutes, he put both of the tags in the bottom, then stretched up to the top to look for them. I had to explain that gravity makes them fall down and prevents them from levitating back up the shoot. I hope my scientific explanation was accurate enough.
I'm sure he got it--he's soooo smart!
ReplyDelete