Monday, June 29, 2009

Shower

As I mentioned, part of the purpose for our visit to Georgia was to introduce Gavin to everyone at a party hosted by my cousin's Jennifer and Stephanie. The food was delicious. I feel so honored, Jennifer spent a few weeks perfecting her homemade biscuits to make them for brunch; they were top-grade. The cake was beautiful. (Did I take a picture? Of course not, but GrandBob was roaming around with his camera, so I hope to get some pictures from him.) As good as the food was, the company was better. Dave's family came to join lots of members of my extended family. My friend and mentor, Nancy, came to meet Baby Gavin, too.

Jonas helped me with the gifts. I asked him to help me pull tissue out of gift bags. Before I knew it he was taking each piece individually to the trash can. He stayed entertained, he got to practice his walking, and the house stayed tidy--not a bad deal.



My Aunt Redia makes quilts for each new baby. Here's Gavin's quilt. She considered quilting a Texas star, but this one is perfect. I hope Gavin loves to fish the way his Dad does. We head to Minnesota the end of this week; this quilt is going with us. It will be perfect for laying on the floor or out in the yard for play time. I was so glad to hear Redia's response to someone saying the quilt was pretty enough to hang on the wall, "No. Don't hang it on the wall. Use it. You let him drag it around and play on it. Then wash it." A lot of good memories will be made with this quilt.


Gavin assisted with opening gifts. We had him dressed in cute outfit. As we left Mama's, we thought about a back up outfit, decided we had back-up onesies in the diaper bag, and headed out the door. We should have gotten a back up outfit. When we arrived at Jennifer's house, Dave took Gavin out of the car seat to discover a blow out that went out both the top and bottom of Gavin's diaper. We quickly headed to Jennifer's bedroom for an outfit change. In the diaper bag we found 3-6 month onesies; Gavin is now wearing 6-9 month. We squeezed him into this one. Oh well. No one really cared what he was wearing, they just wanted to see him. Right?
Bridget came in from outside to sit and watch the gifts being opened. She and Tessa have grwon so much in the past few years. They used to want you to play with them all the time. Now they play independently--kind of bittersweet. Gavin will do the same thing.

Jonas was tired from all that trash haulin', but he still stopped to smile for the camera with his mom. (Just not sure whose camera he's smiling at.)

Like I said, I hope GrandBob has some good pictures to share with me. I'll try to get some pictures of our loot. Thankfully, everyone was cognizant of the fact that we had to bring what we got back with us. Gavin got lots of books for his library, which we needed. He got some really cute outfits, some toys, a few gift cards, a quilt, a blanket, and some money which we'll put in his college fund. Everything fit into the extra duffel bag we had packed and taken with us. But most importantly of all, Gavin got lots of hugs, kisses, and attention from his aunts, cousins, and grandmas! (And uncles and grandpas).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting some photos. Wish I'd had a working camera to take some myself. Gavin is a sweet, sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete