Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jonas and Gavin

Saturday some crazy Mama had the idea to take the boys to the park and that we should walk the mile to the park instead of drive. I'm not naming anyone, but I think her initials are MM. We headed out around 10:30, before it got "too hot." Thankfully, the playground has a big blue canopy giving shade. We did have the good sense to take water with us. Once there, Jonas had a great time playing on the slides and toddling around.

Gavin and I sat on the sidelines watching.
Mike and Jonas get ready to race down the blue slide.

Jonas decides to go down the taller red slide.

At first he wasn't sure about crawling through the tunnel to get to the red slide, but soon he was a pro.


Jonas takes a water break. Gavin looks at Buford.


After a long mile trek back, we stripped the boys to their diapers, cooled them off, and put them down for naps. Jonas was tuckered out after all that playing and slept a good long while. Then, we were off to a pool party. While the big kids played in the pool, the little guys stayed safe in the unheated hot tub. (Believe me, we didn't need anymore heat.)

Jonas and Dad (Mike) smile for the camera.

Gavin tries to keep the sun off with his hat.
We all pose for the papparazzi (aka Dave and Letha).
Sunday morning we celebrated Father's Day with breakfast out. Afterwards, we posed the boys on the sofa. I know Jonas and Gavin will be great friends one day. Jonas was very gentle with Gavin. Their car seats were next to each other in the back; it was so sweet to look back and see Jonas' hand on Gavin's seat. Gavin sneezed, and Letha and I heard Jonas say, "Bless you." Jonas loves to sniff hair as a sign of affection, while he didn't sniff Gavin's hair, he did rub his head. Maybe Jonas saw that Gavin doesn't have much hair to sniff these days :).

2 comments:

  1. Uhhh....my blog got realy girlie all of the sudden. Remember, the boys in the house outvote you now. ;) Maybe Gavin and I need to start a manly McLaren blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlie? I don't understand that.

    Anyway, the pictures are sure cute. Looks like Jonas had a great time at the park. Love the picture of the two of them. So glad that the two new fathers got to spend Father's Day together. The two of you are great dads.

    ReplyDelete