At the hotel, we were taken to 3 rooms before getting settled, all while carrying all of our luggage since no carts were available. Thankfully a Hilton associate was with us helping with the bags. The first room wasn't ours. The second room reeked of cigarette smoke. The third room was across from the ice machine, but I wasn't about to complain at that point. Gavin was awake, and I knew any minute he'd be crying because he was hungry.
After getting situated, Gavin got dinner while Dave set up the pack and play. Then we all crashed. The next morning, we found Gavin had turned himself at least 90 degrees in the night. (Dave says he may have made multiple circles around the pack and play, since every time Dave looked at him he was in a different position.) I headed off for sessions and left Gavin asleep with Dad. Gavin slept until 11, when Dave opened the curtains to let light in and wake the boy up.
Wednesday evening we had dinner with Pete and Lisa. I was supposed to go to the Oasis with the group, but it was hot. I didn't want to take Gavin out in the heat, and I didn't want to leave him and Dave behind. So, I elected to stay behind. Pete called us about 15 minutes later, so we decided to meet up with him and Lisa for an air conditioned dinner at Z Tejas.Gavin was good and let us eat before he tired of sitting around the table.
After our sessions on Thursday, we headed out to the Salt Lick in Driftwood for some barbecue in honor of Ted's birthday.
Waiting for a table at the Salt Lick is never too bad since there's live music and picnic tables for group conversations.
The gang: (clockwise: me, Gavin, Becky, Susan, Ted, Krista, and Sharon).
The open pit at the Salt Lick...mmmmmmmm
Inside, Gavin was passed around while we ate. He loved looking at all of Dad's barbecue. One day we'll take him back when he can sink his teeth into some meat.
Looks like a good time was had by all! Hope he continues to be a good little traveler.
ReplyDelete