Last year I had so much fun on my Black Friday fishing trip that I just had to share the fun with my Dad and brother. So, I decided to book a guided striper trip on Lake Texoma with
Scott Bridgess. I have fished with Scott several times and always caught fish and had a great time. For some reason though it always seems to be
cold and rainy when we fish together. This day was to be no different.
We awoke at 4:00am in order to make the two hour drive and meet Scott at his boat slip at 6:30am. Some members of the party weren't too crazy about this aspect of the trip, but all were up and out the door just after 4:30. On cue, the rain started as we were driving up Interstate 35. We didn't let the rain didn't dampen our spirits too much. It was cold too - but it's amazing how you forget about the cold when you are catching fish.
The crew complete with 3 GT hats, 2 GT sweatshirts, and a pair of bright yellow rain pants.

The action heats up. Scott is unhooking a striper that Dad caught.

Mike's hero shot. Yes, he did catch bigger fish than this one. But this is the only picture I had of Mike with a fish.

My hero shot, and the biggest fish of the trip - a 26" striper (7lbs).

A nice striper for Dad, and some of the only sun that we saw all day.

Headed home at just before sunset, if you could only see the sun.

I can't speak for everyone, but I had a great time despite the cold and rain. Fish were caught, memories were made, and maybe a new McLaren tradition was born...I can only hope.
Looks like you guys had a great time --even if it was cold and wet.
ReplyDelete