The hall bathroom before. Look at the lovely pastel checkerboard wall paper.

Note the pink and white marble vanity top.

And after. (Ignore the mirror reflections.)
I started stripping wall paper in a leisurely manner in March. By June 90% was pulled off. In July, Dave took over finishing the stubborn parts. We had the walls textured in early August. Dave painted, put up new light fixtures, new bath hardware, and new mirrors. In September, we started working on the granite. It took two flakey granite guys and almost 3 months to get granite installed. Then, Dave had to work on the plumbing.


Sadly, I don't have a before picture of the second smaller bathroom. The wall paper in there had a yellow background with big 4x12-inch boxes that framed single stemmed flowers in shades of purple and blue. Some days I felt the wallpaper was OK; other days I hated it. The ceiling was painted pale yellow. The same pink and white marble vanity top was the icing on the cake.
The new bathroom is a lovely shade of pale green. We can't wait to paint the guest room the same color.
Wow!! What improvement!! Nice work! Nice work on the "baby growing" you're doing, too.
ReplyDeleteYou guys could do this professionally. Wish I had had your input on my bathroom.
ReplyDelete