Sunday, January 23, 2011

Recap of January 9-23

In an effort to get caught up, here some pictures of Gavin and things we've been doing in January.

These were taken on Sunday, January 9th. Gavin was having a good time playing with cars and reading books.

I found this Christmas cookie that a coworker, Gracie, had given me for Gavin before Christmas. Since it was mass-produced and well packaged, it was a great afternoon snack. That is great and messy.



On Wednesday after that, Dave was trying to meet a deadline at work. So, Gavin and I met him for dinner at Joe's Crabshack. This way we all had dinner and Dave got to see Gavin without wasting an hour driving to and from home.

Gavin had a great time at Joe's. There's plenty to look at, and he actually ate the food we ordered him. Not all of it, but he gave it a good shot. We'll definitely have to head back to Joe's.

When we returned from our weekend trips, we had this big ol' box of PopTarts waiting for us. I think the 12 boxes were a little over $16. It's a good thing we all like PopTarts. I know they aren't the best thing in the world to eat, but at least Gavin will eat one. I worry about the eating habits I'm instilling. But, I'm just happy when he eats anything.



Tuesday evening, Gavin helped me mix up some borracho beans to cook for dinner. At least I think it was Tuesday. This week was hectic. Don't you love the necklace he's wearing?

Friday, I picked Gavin up so we could head to LaHacienda to meet the Hopkins', Cherry's, and Michelle for dinner. As we were walking to the car, I asked Gavin if he wanted to go have dinner with Dean. He got so excited he decided to run to the car. The second step, he tripped and got this strawberry on his cheek.
We had a great dinner that would have been better if Gavin had been a bit more willing to sit in his chair while everyone ate and to eat the dinner we ordered for him. When we got home, we turned on some basketball. He was mesmerized.

Saturday morning, Gavin enjoyed eating some of my toast with homemade pear butter. Ha, some. More like all.


After breakfast, I decided he felt a bit warm. Sure enough, a temperature of 101. He developed a barky cough that persisted about every 5 minutes. I had plans to attend a baby shower and an early dinner with friends. Despite the mommy/wife-guilt, I kept my plans. When I talked to Dave on my way home to learn that G's temp. spiked to 103.1 around 5:30, I felt terrible. By the time I got home at 8:30 after a stop at CVS, it was down to 102.1. We put Gavin to bed.
He slept until 1:30. When I brought him downstairs for a drink, he said, "TV."
I asked, "Do you want to watch TV?"
Who could deny this reply: "Yes, watch TV, please, Mama."
So, we watched The Nanny and something on HGTV until 2:30. He spontaneously asked, "Daddy." I told him Daddy was asleep. He headed to the bedroom and Daddy's side of the bed. Dave picked him up and put him in bed. I crawled in to. We slept until 5:30. Then I got up with him again to watch more TV. At 6:45, I told Dave it was his turn and crawled back into bed for a little more sleep.
When we checked Gavin's temperature, it was down to 98.3. Awesome. After his nap, it was back up to 102. But he really doesn't act like he feels that bad. The cough is only occasional today. He's played with about every toy downstairs. We've read books. We've watched TV. We've sang songs. (Yes, he's singing along with a few songs now. And even if it's the first time he's heard it, he'll pick up a word here and there to repeat. So from now on, I have to sing the PG version of "Ramblin' Wreck." I've tried to record him singing, playing basketball, and doing other cute things, but he loves to watch videos on the video camera; so when he sees it, he just wants to watch movies. I'll keep working on it.)
Just before dinner, he was playing a few games on my iPod. We bought a few Duck Duck Moose apps in October before traveling to Denver. At the time, BaaBaa Black Sheep was too hard for him. Not any more. It's amazing how much he's growing.

We'll see what the illness brings to us tomorrow. . .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for getting us caught up. Love seeing pictures of the little man. I can't believe he's speaking in full sentences now, and singing! I'd love to see that.

    ReplyDelete