Sunday, January 9, 2011

Best Friends

Gavin and Dean continue to solidify their relationship as best friends. After Dean returned from Houston, we took advantage of the warm December weather for an impromptu playdate at the park after naptime. (I'm pretty thankful for my relationship with Lindsey and her flexibility for a playdate at a moment's notice.)

The boys enjoyed seeing each other and being outside. They took turns on the slide with another little boy who was at the park. Each boy climbed up the steps, then slid down. Dean and the other boy were very patient with Gavin, who wasn't always in a rush. I think Gavin was probably lapped a few times by the other boys, but he didn't mind.

Both boys love the swings and spent at least 30 minutes there; Lindsey and I enjoyed pushing the boys and having a few minutes to chat a catch up on the events of our break.

Later, the boys climbed some more finding this cool "window" to look out. After some more running around, it was time to go as the sun was lowering, along with the temperature. When we got back to the car, I was surprised that nearly two hours had passed just playing at the park.


On January 8, Dave and I were able to return a favor to Matt and Lindsey by watching Dean so they could go out to dinner. The boys had fun playing. I think Dean was having too much fun. When it was time to eat, Dean who usually eats well, wasn't really hungry.


We had arts and crafts time with stickers and crayons. Each boy created his own masterpiece.

Soon it was time for baths.
I giggled as Gavin poured water down Dean's back. I am glad that Dean didn't mind the extra rinsing Gavin was giving him.


After getting the boys snugged up in their pj's, we attempted to get them to go to sleep. Dean wasn't ready and began to cry when I mentioned his mom, so he and I started watching TV while Dave tried to put Gavin down. Gavin wondered what Dean and Mama were doing, so he wasn't about to go to sleep. So, when Matt and Lindsey came to get Dean, instead of a sleeping boy, they found two boys who were still up and ready to party. Maybe I'll have better luck next time.

It's always great to spend time with Dean. He gives me insight into what Gavin is going to be doing next. Dean calls me "Biranda" and can easily say "Dave." He was chatting away with me while we were watching TV commenting on the things he was seeing on "Thomas the Tank Engine."
Can't wait to have you over again, Dean.

1 comment:

  1. Two real cutie pies. It's always good to have a best friend.

    ReplyDelete