Wednesday, we headed downtown to the Golden Gate Bridge. I won't say a lot; the pictures speak for themselves.





My favorite picture with the purple flowers in the foreground. (It's late; I'm not researching what these are. Maybe later.)

It was another breezy day. Jonas ended up wrapped up in Mike's jacket, in addition to his own jacket. Gavin's coat got the lining added to it before heading out for the day.



The Metlife Blimp was out and about.


Alcatraz


My next favorite shot. I love the contrast of the blue sky and the red metal.


View of downtown from the bridge:

You can see the Bay Bridge in the distance.

Lombard Street :"The Crookedest Street" in America.

It was zig-zagging fun.




We had lunch at Gott's. Then, two tired little boys needed naps. So, we headed back to the car and to the house.

Around 4:30, Dave and I decided to go for a walk. Mike and Letha went with us. Our destination a view of the bay. Mike said he knew a place. We walked up the street, through a park, then through a green belt of sorts. We wondered who owned the land. We had to maneuver through a wet, squishy place. Then we got to the end and the gate was closed. I should have taken a picture of each of us scaling the fence. It was an adventure. Everyone else faired better than I. My khaki pants ended up with a little red stain residue, but it washed right out.

Letha knew a better place. So we went back to the house, took a 5 minute drive to Edgewood Road park. It was a bit after five, so the sun would be setting soon. We were advised by two other hikers that to get to the summit quickly, we needed to go up the "road to hell." Hmm. I always thought hell was down. Turns out, it can be up. We went up a 45 degree incline, then turned and went up some more. My ears popped along the way. I breathed heavily. My mouth filled with lactic acid.
But, we were rewarded with this view at sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment