Friday, January 8, 2010

Adventures of the Contagious Kid

Gavin fought a goood fight against the stomach bug that was going around his daycare, but he finally came down with it last night. I was first suspicious when he was restless after we put him down last night. Then at around 10:30 I heard him on the monitor throwing up. I rushed upstairs to find him in a pool of yuck. It was in his hair, ears, on the mattress, his clothes, up his nose, etc. Then of course when I picked him up he threw up again on me. So, we eventually got him cleaned up and Miranda sat down to rock him back to sleep. On que, he then threw up on Miranda. So we did the drill again - clean off G, new clothes for everyone involved, clean the ears out, the nose, hair, etc. It was a wonderful night.

This morning he is acting like his normal self. He's just as happy as can be - playing and talking to us. Maybe he is just happy that Mom and Dad get to stay home with him today for his sick day. We are watching for the other shoe to drop - the legendary diapers that accompany this virus. Maybe they won't be too bad - we can only hope.

Here is G playing a bit this morning. Mason is his constant companion these days - they are good buddies already.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy, and poor Mom and Dad. You all have had quite a week. Hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry to hear about stomach bug woes!! I hate when my kids are sick but can't tell me what's wrong or what hurts.

    ReplyDelete