Monday, January 25, 2010

11 Month Pictures

Wow. I can't believe in a month Gavin will be one. I don't know where the year has gone. I won't start waxing poetic, just yet.

At 11 months, Gavin has 6 teeth. Four on top; the two outer ones are just peeking through; and two on bottom. He can chomp down on your finger when he's needing some relief from the pain of those two that are just poking through.

He is very vocal. He loves to jabber. One of my favorite sounds is "deedlee-deedle-do." He also goes "sssstttt." And Dave filled you in on his vocabulary: ma, da, daa, and baa.

He's pushing up on all fours and has been since December. He hasn't figured out what to do with his arms. He did last week, figure out the army crawl and will make a few pulls to get himself to what he needs. Sunday afternoon he army-crawled to me while I was sitting of the sofa, and my heart melted. He goes from sitting to belly pretty easily now. But I still haven't caught him in the act of going from belly to sitting. I'll walk around the corner, come back, and he's changed position.

And, Gavin helps get into and out of shirts. He loves to have an item in hand while on the changing table. He knows to move it from hand to hand so that he can pull his arm out. And once both arms are out, he pushes his shirt up over his head. And, when putting a shirt or jacket on, he knows how to push his arm through. He has also become adept at moving his arms out of the car seat straps and reaching up for you.

We are so blessed.
Yes, we were snacking on a cracker during the photo shoot.


2 comments:

  1. Gavin,

    If you get any happier we may have to worry about you. I can't believe you're 11 months old already. It seems like just yesterday...

    Love you much, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so good I could just hear him laughing.He is growing up to quick.

    ReplyDelete