Gavin has started developing a bad habit of waking up earlier and earlier lately. A couple weeks ago he was sleeping till his normal time ~ 6:00. Then it gradually changed to 5:30, then 5:00, and now he is up at 4:30-4:45! We aren't sure if he is hungry or just waking up that early.This morning Miranda got up and fed Gavin. We thought that he actually might be hungry this morning since he didn't get his cereal last night because it was really late when we got home. After his early breakfast, he wanted to play! I went up at 5:30 to relieve Miranda and played with Gavin in between trying to get him to go back to sleep. I even tried some "tough love" and let him cry (scream) for about 10 minutes thinking that he would eventually soothe himself and go back to sleep....not so much. Mom and Dad are really really hoping that this thing works itself out soon.
Ugh! I feel your pain! Avery did the same thing for a while, she was never a good night sleeper until after 1 year old. It's probably not hunger, as much as you would like to think that, and I thought and hoped and prayed it too. Food might get him down just because of 'food coma' but all I can say is 'It's only temporary'. Hang in there, he will grow out of it.
ReplyDelete