Sunday, October 11, 2009

"This is my gun, there are many others like it, but this one is mine"

Texture gun that is.....The bathroom renovation is continuing slowly but surely. I finally got the walls textured today. I initially considered renting a texture gun from Home Depot, but the rental price was just $2 less than just purchasing one. So I am now the proud owner of a texture gun.

It was surprisingly easy to texture the walls. The hardest part was holding the hopper that was full of wall texture. It was only probably around 20lbs. But you had to continuously hold this thing up while moving it very slowly and getting an even amount of texture on the walls. It took a surprisingly delicate hand to do the knock down part of the knock down texture.

Now that the texture is complete, the painting will begin this week. I have incentive to start the painting quickly. There aren't any lights in the bathroom right now. I had to take them down to texture the walls, and can't put them back up till I get the walls painted.

1 comment: