Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yum, Yuck, Yum Squash

We have been given the go ahead by our pediatrcian to start Gavin on baby food. We were instructed to start with one yellow vegetable and try it for 2-3 days, then try a green vegetable for 2-3 days, and repeat. That way we will know what he is allergic to if anything. We picked squash as his first food. We wanted to ease him into it, so we mixed the squash baby food in with his normal rice cereal.

His reaction initially was that he liked this new stuff and was eating it as fast as we could put it in front of him.
Then I guess his taste buds came around, and they decided that this squash stuff was terrible! He was making faces like he was sucking on a lime. He even gagged a few times...we felt bad for the little guy so we decided to try again the next morning.


The next morning we did the same thing - mixed the baby food with the normal rice cereal. He was back to loving the squash again. We have since had two more meals with the squash, and he ate just about everything each time. Up next peas....I have a feeling which way that one will go.

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo funny, but I know I shouldn't laugh.

    ReplyDelete