Gavin was having his lunch upstairs when I walked in the room and started talking to Miranda. He always wants to know what is going on when he is eating, so he turned his head to see who was in the room. Upon seeing me, he smiled then let out a "Da Da" without any other sounds. Miranda and I were both shocked for a few seconds and then tried to get him to do it again without any cooperation from G. So we aren't 100% sure that he knows that I am Dad, but what else should we expect from such a brilliant little man? We are of course working on Ma Ma too. But for some reason he likes making the D sounds more than the M sounds at this point.
Here are a couple pictures that we took today of G sticking out his tongue.
THe "d" sound is easier to make than the "m," so most say da da before ma ma. He'll be there before you know it, and once he begins talking, he likely won't shut up. He's certainly growing!
ReplyDeleteHow cute...Miranda did I bring you the photo of you sticking your tongue out?
ReplyDelete