Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hiccup


Friday I felt Baby Mac hiccup for the first time. The funny thing is the afternoon before a coworker asked, "Have you felt him hiccup yet?" I was sitting at my desk working Friday morning; after a couple of minutes of repetitive motion, I thought, "What is he doing down there?" Then the light bulb went off, and I realized that he was hiccuping. I sat there for a few more seconds feeling his hiccups. Next, I was off to my assistant, Beth's office, exclaiming, "The baby is hiccuping." She put her hand on my stomach and felt him. Later that day, Baby Mac got the hiccups again.

All was quiet over the weekend, but then last night Baby Boy got them again. It's odd that it takes me a few minutes to figure out what is going on. I was sitting on the sofa eating my bedtime snack of Honey Nut Cheerios with milk when I felt him. After a minute or so, I called Dave over to feel the rhythmic pulse of the hiccups. Not long after Dad came over, Baby Mac's hiccups disappeared.

I'm sure there are more hiccups to come. Here's hoping they're the good kind--like these.

1 comment: