Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Dave and I traveled to Austin for New Year's. Our friends Josh and Sara are preparing for a move to London, with their six month-old daughter, Avery. Since we haven't yet met Avery, we jumped at Josh's invitation to come down for New Year's Eve.

The usual 3.5 hour drive to Austin took 5 hours. Tack on an extra 40 minutes because of 2 accidents that we encountered before ever getting to Fort Worth. Add in a Quik Trip stop for drinks, a bathroom stop because of the drinks, a stop at a Bell County rest area for pictures (Dave's company did the interior of the buildings), a lunch stop, and a stop at HEB for juice and ginger ale, and you have a 5 hour trip to Austin. The ride assured me that there was no way I could have ridden to Georgia and then South Carolina for Christmas. After about an hour, I was ready to stretch, and so was Baby Mac.

Despite the fact that Georgia Tech forgot to show up for the Peach Bowl, we had a great visit. Avery is such a good baby. She slept through 11 people shouting at the TV and then just talking loudly because we'd totally lost interest in the game. She was in a great mood Thursday morning at Rudy's for breakfast, even though we woke her up from her morning nap to go eat. She played in her Exersaucer, she did some leg exercises on Dave's lap, she showed us how she could eat her bottom lip to make her cheeks even rounder. Dave and I hope we are blessed with a baby with such a sweet, easy-going disposition.

Not only did we get to visit with Josh and Sara, but also we got to see our friends, Pete and Lisa, who are just moving to Austin. We hope to see more of them now that they're closer than Atlanta.

I even made it up past midnight--actually, I was up past 1:30, unheard of these days since I'm usually waking up around 2:30.

Sara, Pepper, and I await the stroke of midnight.

2 comments:

  1. Just what kind of dog is that, anyway?

    That's great about Pete. Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a Heeler / Border Collie mix I think. She's a sweet pup....She will soon be an English Heeler/Border Collie mix soon.

    ReplyDelete