
When lunchtime rolled around Monday, I was starving. In very atypical fashion, I pulled into McDonald's for lunch. My odd behavior continued when I ordered a Big Mac combo instead of the cheeseburger Happy Meal that I eat a few times a year. But I was HUNGRY. I drove home to rescue Mason from the 27 degree weather and to enjoy my Big Mac. It was tasty. I ate every bite and every fry. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a Big Mac. And, I certainly can't predict the next time I'll have one. But at that moment Monday afternoon, only a Big Mac could hit the spot.
I'm sure Baby Mac enjoyed his introduction to McDonald's. Yes, this really is the first time during my pregnancy that I've eaten there. No, wait, I think I had a biscuit once this fall and maybe my cheeseburger Happy Meal this summer. But nonetheless, this was the first introduction after Baby Mac has tastebuds and is getting the flavor of what I eat. And, as all kids love McDonald's I'm sure that Baby Mac will also beg and plead to go play there. I'll just have to stick to a salad or my Happy Meal.
On a side note, Baby Mac is a play of sorts on Big Mac. My coworker Ted is the only person who has verbally made the connection to me. Mac is, of course, a play on our last name. (Though at least one person thought we'd decided to name the baby "Mac.")
We're still working on the baby name. We do not plan to share the name, though we may share initials of the contenders later. I've heard too many stories of baby names that have been picked out, shared in advance, and poo-pooed by someone who just doesn't like the name. I don't think people are quite as ready to express distaste for a name when they are presented with a snuggly, precious baby at the same time as the name.
Too funny!
ReplyDelete