Monday, October 20, 2008

When Parents Visit

Mama and Daddy just left this morning after staying for a week. I'll miss having them around.

Mama had dinner ready when I got home: a blessing after a long day at work. Mama made potato salad for me. I just can't get mine to taste just like hers. I know that it can be done with my light mayo and red potatoes since she did it. It must be the mustard; I don't think I get that right. Sunday when we got up, Mama had breakfast ready: biscuits, gravy, bacon, and eggs.

Mama hemmed 2 pairs of pants for me--twice. They weren't quite short enough the first time. She and I agree that too long is better than too short.

Mama and I were able to shop together. I found a few maternity shirts to get me through the still-don't-look -pregnant-stage. No shoes for my growing feet, but I'll find some. We bought a few outfits for Baby Mac.

Since I'm saving my days for maternity leave, I didn't take any time off from work, but Mama and Daddy are self-sufficient guests. They puttered around each morning, taking a walk before heading out to explore. They shopped at Grapevine Mills, in Roanoke, in downtown Grapevine, and in Denton. Daddy says next time they'll go further west to explore. Mama laughs and says they'll have a baby to entertain them next time.

It was great to get to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment