Sunday, August 24, 2008

Smokin'

Introducing the Orion Cooker. I have a few friends that have been raving about this new cheap little smoker that they have been using. So, when I walked by one in Home Depot that was marked down to $99 from $149, I decided to try it out. It isn't your traditional smoker by any means. You use charcoal in the ring around the bottom and on top of the unit to cook the meat inside the chamber. Adding wood chips to the inside of the chamber gives the meat some nice smokey flavor. Basically it works out to having a smoker that is little or no maintenance while cooking.

Miranda cooked a rack of ribs for dinner (remember - I was working in the bathroom). It was super easy - put in the meat, put on the lid, light the charcoal and check back an hour later. The only clean up we had to do was to put the rib hangers in the dishwasher and rinse out the drip pan.

The meat was nice and tender too. Admittedly they weren't the best ribs that I have ever had, but they were dang good. You can cook all sorts of stuff in it too. Turkeys, brisket, ribs, fish, and just about anything else. Here's the website if anyone is interested in joining Team Orion.

http://orionoutdoors.com/products/cooker/

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

No comments:

Post a Comment