As long as
others are going public with their addictions, I figure I might as well come clean too. Miranda has know about my "problem" for quite some time. But I think that I have hid it well from most everyone else. I am addicted to tying flies! I have thousands of them that will never get used if I live to be 200 years old. I get wound up (pun intended...) tying flies for any special fishing trip that I take. Just a couple weeks ago for the Maine trip I tied probably 60-70 new flies. All that effort even though I had a good suspicion that they fishing wouldn't be very good.
I have trout flies, striper flies, white bass flies, largemouth flies, smallmouth flies, pike flies, tarpon flies, bluegill flies, carp flies, redfish flies, sea trout flies, bonefish flies, permit flies, pike flies, crappie flies, gar flies, and many many others. I just upgraded to a new flybox for my large flies - this thing is almost the size of a briefcase. And ya know what? There's not enough room in it for everything I want to put in it!!!!

I think there's a 12-step program for that.
ReplyDelete