Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Consumer Electronics Show

So, the real reason I was in Vegas was CES. This is the show each year where all the electronics makers debut the new gadgets that they are selling this year. Again, we only had a day to see the show, so our time was limited. We didn't have nearly enough time to see all the cool booths and gadgets but we did see some awesome stuff. For those of you out there that still aren't sure exactly what I do, these are the kind of things I design. Except I usually have a much smaller budget to work with than these big companies with very deep pockets....

There were some really cool looking booths:







Here's a few of the cool products/displays that caught our eye:

Hummer equipped with 10 (yes 10) TV screens and about 30 different speakers.

A speaker from B&M that Matt says sells for around $20,000.

The world's largest HD Plasma from Panasonic - 150"

1.5" thick plasma were a fairly common sight.


We both had to get to the airport at around 3:00, so we had to walk very fast from hall to hall. By the time 3:00 rolled around our feet ached, thighs were sore, and we were both just ready to sit down. It was a fun trip, but I don't ever want to walk that much in a day ever again!

3 comments:

  1. Did you get to see the car that drives itself and the new Sony TV that is as thin as a credit card and costs $2500 for about a 19" TV? They had a segment Monday on GMA about these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, didn't see that stuff. We didn't even get into most of the booths to see the all the cool gadgets. We mostly walked the aisles and took pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I was way off on the price of that speaker...just did some research: 60K... each.

    ReplyDelete