Saturday, September 29, 2007

Students Working Hard


One of the components of the program for at-risk students that I'm running is a computer-based credit recovery program called NovaNET. Instead of having a student sit in a class that he/she has already failed, a student can work his/her way through the course online. Tests are given to allow students to skip lessons for which they can demonstrate mastery.
Friday I had two students finish a semester of English. It took them only 4 weeks!!! I'm so excited for these two kids. And their success tells the other students that they, too, can hurry up to get credits.

The last two weeks have been rocky. I won't go into all of the school drama here (maybe later), but I have to say, I am so thrilled for the opportunity that lies ahead for all of my students.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am very impressed!! It is nice to know that sometimes kids are learning even when their grade does not indicate it. Thanks for that!!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete