The cold weather continued on the girls' last day in Dallas. We were lazy in getting up since it was cold. We watched the news and weather to decide what it might be fit to do on such a cold day.
Dave had to fly to Milwaukee on business Monday; his 8 am flight got cancelled. He was rebooked on a 5pm flight from Love Field, which is further from us than DFW International.
While I dropped Dave off at Love, everyone else headed to Sam Moon. I met up with them there. We had a great time shopping for purses, wallets, necklaces, earrings, head bands, luggage, and even hair pieces! After that it was off to Ross for a bit before looking for a good steak dinner.
I guess I still have some learning to do. I could have sworn there is a Texas Land & Cattle Company in Lewisville. If there is, we didn't find it. We decided then to go to Grapevine to eat at Traildust. Jennifer had requested Traildust earlier in the trip, then amended her request to a good steak. Since we were in two cars, I lead the way to Grapevine while Jen followed in my mom's car. I went right to where Traildust was, so I thought. It seems it's now another restaurant. We drove through the parking lots of all of the restaurants in that area--no Traildust. So, we consulted again and decided to try Saltgrass, another Texas-based steak house. Off we went. Since it was a bit after 6 pm, I decided to avoid the highway and drive through town to the restaurant. That was great except that I turned one road too soon and wound up taking everyone to a north freight entrance for DFW. Finally, we got headed in the right direction and arrived at Saltgrass for dinner. Well, at least they got to see a lot of Grapevine in the dark.
With the road conditions as they were, the girls decided to leave my house at 6am instead of 3 or 4 am. (Good call. . . ) They got back to my mom's a bit after 9pm last night. It was great to have them visit! Y'all come back--when it's warm!
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment