This week has been a bit crazy, but it's almost over.
Monday night I had my first practicum meeting. We'll meet three more times at the end of February, March, and April.
Tuesday night I had my curriculum class meeting. The professor must think class is over at 8:30 (officially it's supposed to be 8:20) since he started wrapping things up at 8:30. After a 40 mile drive home with a quick stop at Barnes and Noble to pick up a gift for a co-worker who's moving to Austin in two weeks, I got home at 9:30, hit the shower then went to bed.
I was up and out the door at 6:45 since our school had TAKS field testing Wednesday and Thursday and I share responisibility for testing. We got all 599 kids to their testing rooms and the other 1800 kids to displaced classrooms. After testing we sorted the materials for the juniors who tested today. I got home about 6:15 last night. Dave had to work late, so I had a dinner of chips with salsa and sour cream, followed by a "cheesy" tortilla; for dessert I had a coffee mug of cereal and milk. Dave found me on the sofa in my pjs when he got home.
Today was day two of testing. We drove up to the school to find posters along the way saying, "Screw TAKS" and "Boycott TAKS, go home." The genius who posted them included the name of a rogue school website, which we visited and discovered that it claims to by-pass the school's internet filters. We immediately had it blocked and got a technology person working on the author of the site. We now know the identity and will decide what our next move is. We have no problem with "Boycott TAKS." Kids have a right to freedom of expression. We're bothered by "Screw TAKS" primarily because an elementary school is across the street.
Testing is finished. Tomorrow we have just to count all the answer documents and erase all the bubbles that kids darkened on their answer documents with precoded labels containing the demographic information. If only teachers would read and follow the directions. . . .
I planned to cook dinner tonight for the first time since last Thursday. All did not go as planned. Dave is working late again. The pork chops I put in the fridge to thaw this morning are still icy. So, I got out of cooking again. Tonight I had soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
I've double booked myself tomorrow morning and hope that all works out. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning at 9 am (just my yearly check up). When I made the appointment, I chose a non-teaching day. I didn't remember that I have TAKS tutorials for seven kids at 10 am each Friday. I hope I can get in and out quickly so that I get to my tutorials. I've asked someone to cover for me, but I really hate that my brain is so cluttered that I didn't remember that.
I hope there's time to rest this weekend amid my reading for graduate school. I just have to keep telling myself, "I'll graduate May 12," if I live 'til then.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment