Tuesday, Dave traveled to Geneva by train to visit Alcon. Instead of spending $250 on a roundtrip train ticket, I decided to explore the city. Dave left early; I took the opportunity to sleep in. I finally got up around 10, had a Cliff Bar and a Coca Cola Light (not at all as tasty as a Diet Coke), and hit the city to explore.
My first stop was Castello Sfrozesco. I rode the Metro and walked right to the castle. I approached from the side, but did walk around front to see the fountain and the statue across the way in front of the castle.
The castle dates back to the late 1300s and Galeazzo II Visconti. Then in 1450 it was transformed into a ducal residence by Francesco Sforza. After serving as military barracks for various groups, the castle was turned over to the city in the late 1800s and is used as a venue for various cultural events. The castle was damaged by WWII bombings in 1943, but has been restored.
 |
| The fountain is described as the most beautiful in Milan. |
 |
| Giuseppe Garabali Monument in front of Castello Sforzesco |
 |
| Piazza del Armi inside the castle |
 |
| Ducal Courtyard |
 |
| Moat around the castle walls |
No comments:
Post a Comment