We decided to go out to eat dinner one night at Texas Land & Cattle Company. We have eaten there several times before, and it has always been good. We got there and the hostess said that it would be 20 minutes. We waited, and waited, and waited. After 25-30 minutes I asked about our table. They said that they could seat us soon at a booth, but wouldn't have a table for some time. We said that was fine and continued to wait. After 50 minutes a "manager" came over to talk to us. He said that he was very sorry, but that it would be another 30-40 minute wait for a table (keep in mind that there were maybe 10 other people waiting besides us five). We then decided to leave.
The manager insisted that I give him my name and address so that he could send us a $50 or $75 gift card because they had messed up our wait time so much. I told him that it wasn't necessary, but he insisted that he wanted to "make things right."
We ended up picking up pizza on the way home. Gavin was starved by the time we got home and was pretty irritated with the whole situation. Needless to say that I am still waiting on that gift card....I now know one restaurant that won't be getting a penny out of me.

No comments:
Post a Comment