Sunday, December 26, 2010

All I Want for Christmas

Gavin has been infatuated with choo choo trains since visiting Jonas over Thanksgiving break. Prior to that, Grandma Judy had already called dibs on getting a train for him for Christmas. I think seeing him play with Jonas' Thomas just sealed the deal.

Last year, Gavin screamed when he was placed in Santa's lap, so we were hesistant to take him this year. But as Christmas drew closer, I knew I would regret not having a picture of Gavin with Santa, especially after my mom posted my nephew Hayden's annual picture with Santa.

With only a few opportunities remaining, we went to BassPro to see Santa Thursday night. Due to a disorganized elf, we had to wait for an hour to see Santa. Dave and Gavin walked around looking at the fish, doing a bit of shopping, and riding a carousel, while I waited in line. The extra wait time also afforded us the opportunity to walk near Santa, show Gavin the other kids sitting in Santa's lap, and tell him that he would get to tell Santa what he'd like for Christmas, a choo choo.

When it was finally our time, Gavin started saying, "choo choo" as Dave approached Santa. Gavin shyly sat in Santa's lap with a finger in his mouth for his picture. And, as Dave picked him up, Gavin again told Santa: "choo choo." It's a good thing Santa and Grandma Judy coordinated gifts. Santa brought some big Tonka trucks since Grandma had the train all covered.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Gavin did great with Santa. It's important to get in good with the BIG GUY!

    ReplyDelete