Saturday, April 3, 2010
Edamame
First, let me say, I love a baby in overalls, especially short overalls. Today it was in the 80s, so when I got Gavin dressed after his morning nap, I put him in shorts for the first time this season. It's still cool in the mornings and overnight, but it's getting warm in the afternoons.
Now, on to edamame (that's ed-ah-mom-a, the fancy name for soybeans). Gavin took a long nap after our field trip to TJ Maxx. He slept until 6:40. I had decided that I would wake him up after Dave and I had dinner, if he didn't wake up while we were eating. Just as I finished my stirfry and headed on to the edamame, I heard him cry. I went up to get him, brought him down, and handed him to Dave so I could fix his dinner. Dave handed him a pod of edamame. Gavin popped it in his mouth, so Dave then shelled one so that Gavin could try it. He loved it. The boy won't eat green peas, but he'll eat edamame. Go figure.
Can you tell G is glued to the game?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love his overalls, he looks like he and Dad were having a good time.
ReplyDeleteEdamame!! Well, I guess that's really how we got his daddy to eat his vegetables--raw with dip. Or is edamame a legume?
ReplyDeleteI do love a baby in overalls too.