After venting yesterday that Gavin doesn't like any foods, today he decided to chow down on some crackers. We had soup for dinner, and Gavin has been wanting food to hold onto lately. He typcially just likes to just hold onto it - dropping it occasionally for Mason. This time he grabbed the cracker, stuck it in his mouth and started chomping on it. We were both dumbfounded. After a few seconds it was obvious that he knew it was food and not a toy. I was worried that he would get choked on the pieces, but he chewed and sucked on the pieces of cracker. It looked like he had done it before...

He devoured two crackers before losing interest. I say devoured two, but it was probably more like a half to a full cracker. Lots of crumbs fell to the floor. Mason was more than happy to help with the clean up effort. I think a wonderful friendship between Gavin and Mason is about to begin.
As you can see, it was Christmas pj day at school today too....
He's had crackers before.
ReplyDelete